When I was hired as Art Director for Smith + Andersen, one of the first key tasks was re-evaluating a website design process that has stalled and required a fresh, experienced perspective. I modified the design and layout to include user interface changes to the front end that would improve the overall user experience.
Colours, graphics and font sizes were modified and optimized to better reflect the S+A Branding. I created custom graphics and icons throughout the website, including sourcing in-house as well as my own photography for a variety of design elements that better reflected the message being presented throughout.
With the back-end site being built in Drupal and extensive ties to a custom internal database system, I co-ordinated and managed all the creative and data driven tasks performed by both external Drupal developers and internal database programmers.
- designing the interface and site plan in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- designing iconography using Adobe Illustrator
- sourced photography from in-house and my own collections and optimized graphics with Adobe Photoshop
- integrating and customizing final design into Drupal content management system
- developing custom CSS and HTML
- managed copy edits and changes to website
- co-ordinated and managed all code changes to website between Drupal developers and database programmers
View individual pages of the SmithandAndersen.com website design.
Graphics and icons were designed to visually support concepts throughout website.