Smith + Andersen’s Eco Jam is an annual musical event where architects, engineers and contractors are invited to form bands and perform for their peers in support of tree planting initiatives across Ontario.
In my role as Art Director, I has designed the initial logo branding and associated marketing materials in 2016, and further expanded and optimized the brand in 2017 to include a dedicated website and social media campaign.
- designing the original logo in Adobe Illustrator through multiple layers for a custom logo each year of the event
- integrating and customizing final design into WordPress content management system
- designed templates and custom page in Eventbrite to track and manage event ticket sales and create custom email announcements
- designed email templates in Mailchimp for save the date and invitations
- developed a colour coded name tag & lanyard system for designing custom name tags to be created for principals, S+A staff, musicians, VIP guests, paid guests and support staff.
- designed the program for print and digital formats, including musical performances schedule
- designed all large format banners, posters and signage to be used at the venue
- designed a large format banner backdrop to be used for posting social media ‘selfies’ while at the event
- designed and art directed custom slides within PowerPoint presentation that was displayed on the venue screens during the event
- developing the EcoJam.ca website within the WordPress environment
- developed custom CSS, PHP and HTML for the website
- developed and customized WordPress plugins for the website
- developed and added photography and video galleries for each year of the event on the website
- filmed and edited videos of the event that were optimized for YouTube and the website
- integration of Square POS customized web page to collect donations for event
- overall oversaw the invitation process and managed invitation lists on Eventbrite and the front door during the event
Generic Logo & Variation with Year
Logo Design Layers
To create final design effect, multiple layers were used with combination of solid and outline font variations.
Trade Gothic | 400 Weight
Pantone 485 C
6, 97, 100, 1
225, 38, 28
Pantone Black C
75, 68, 67, 90
0, 0, 0
Page samples from EcoJam.ca
Event badges were created using a colour coded system to help identify each group at a glance, including Performers, Sponsors, Clients, S+A Principals and Staff, and Event Crew (support staff). Further differentiation included custom sizes and colours of lanyards for each group.
Program & Signage
Designed double sided program for event. Created a life-size 7×9 backdrop for use of taking event selfies, as well as other supporting posters and signage for event.